The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the NZ privacy Act 1993 and how it protects personal information in NZ.
The Information We Collect
As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
1. Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer via Buyrite Appliances websites.
2. Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who We Share This Information With
We will not share the information we collect with any third parties apart from the following circumstances:
1. Where the information may be hosted with a service provider, our supply agreements with them continue to protect any PII from unauthorised use as per the Privacy Act 1993.
2. Aggregated data (not the PII) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
3. PII may be shared with third parties where we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by Law.
4. If we have asked your permission (which we will do at the time of collection) we may share the information with specified third parties.
What Else We Do With Personally Identifiable Information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
1. To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
2. To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
3. To help provide any other services that you have requested.
4. To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
5. For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
6. For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What About Cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
1. Track general traffic patterns to our site.
2. Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
3. Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
Third Party Providers’ Cookies and Tracking
A number of Google Analytics Advertising Features, such as Remarketing and Interest-based Advertising, may also be used from time to time on our websites. Buyrite Appliances and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on visits to our websites. If you wish, you can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics by using the Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Some of our websites also utilise the Custom Audience and Conversion Tracking Pixel services of Facebook, Inc (“Facebook”). This allows Facebook to collect or receive information from our websites to provide measurement services and target advertisements. The collected data will remain anonymous; however, it may be used by Facebook for their own advertising purposes in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy.
What About Our Advertisers & Business Partners?
Opting In & Opting Out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services.
Can We Change This Policy?
Your Right to Access Your Information
The New Zealand Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct this information. If you do not want to receive any communication from us or would like to amend or update your personal details you can do so by contacting us via this email address firstname.lastname@example.org